Our volunteers range in age from high school students to seniors citizens, and provide a variety of activities at the shelter and ACE sponsored events.
To volunteer with us, you’ll need to:
1) Attend a volunteer orientation and training
2) If you are under 18 years of age consent must be given by a parent or legal guardian.
Volunteer Orientation and Training Sessions
All new volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation and training session. Please see our upcoming events on Facebook or call the shelter to register for the next available orientation date. We suggest you wear comfortable clothing and shoes.
To save time we suggest you fill out this application and bring it to the orientation that you attend.
We appreciate any amount of time you can spend volunteering with us. We primarily need people to…
- Volunteer at the shelter cleaning kennels, socializing dogs, organizing bedding, taking bedding and blankets to Laundromat, cleaning the yards, etc. There are too many aspects to name and every time you volunteer you may help do something different.
Other tasks include…
Volunteering isn’t only about spending time with the animals (though it is the best part!). If you have an expertise that you would be willing to offer, such as fundraising skills, promotion experience or clerical skills, please let us know.
* Help promote adoptions by posting pictures & bulletins on social media sites
* Help plan various fundraising events & come up with event ideas of your own
* Contact friends and businesses to see if they would donate services to our next auction and/or fundraising event
* Contact media outlets to pitch stories about ACE and the Fitchburg Animal Shelter and the animals
* Learn to give volunteer orientations
* Research and apply for grants available to ACE and Fitchburg Animal Shelter
Thanks again for helping animals in need!
To fill out a Volunteer Application, click here.